Combining my interests of music, cooking, recipes, photos and tune talk.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sausage and Spinach Ravioli and Some Girls


The Soundtrack: The Rolling Stone's Some Girls on vinyl
The Drink: Rum and Coke
The Meal: Sausage and Spinach Ravioli and Fresh Pasta









Just my Imagination:
To start the evening off, I had a bit of a scare.  I powered up the ol' turntable for a Classic Rock themed evening only to find that my turntable wouldn't turn.  And you might think, well then, isn't it just a table?  Not at all.  You can't eat off it or do anything really.  A turn table that won't turn, isn't really any good for anything.
But alas, like a lot of things that of that age, it just takes a while to get going.  Note that my record player is an antiquity from the early 70's and is far older than I am.  Based on the fact that my top of the line computer is trash in about 18 months, that means in electronics years my phonograph is about 1,542,126 years old.

Beast of Burden: I thought the phono was dead, but after leaving it one for about ten minutes, I came back to find that it was up to speed!  On go the Stones.  But Dave, disco Stones?  Really?  For those that haven't listened to the Stone's attempt at keeping up with the late 70's disco fad, its surprisingly good.

Ingredients
2 Sausage Links, casing removed
1/2 cup chopped cooked Spinach
1 container Ricotta
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 Egg
Salt, Pepper to taste
Fresh Pasta

In a bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper.  Remove the sausage from the casing and cook.  Toss into the bowl with the mix.  Cook up the spinach in the sausage grease.  Mmm, sausage grease.
Let it cool and then dice that up and add it to the bowl.  Mix everything together. 



Before they make me run: Whip up your pasta using whatever recipe you like.  I used a 1/2 and 1/2 All purpose flour and Semolina flour (1 cup of each) concoction with 3 eggs and a pinch of salt.
mix together and then cover and let rest for 20 minutes. Write blog into.
Kneed pasta.
Roll out pasta to desired thickness and cut into squares for ravioli. 








Add a spoonful of the sausage/Spinach mix to each square of pasta.  Dab your finger in a water bowl to wet the edges of each square before adding the top portion of pasta.  Seal around the edges and your job is basically complete.


After all is said and done: Toss your completed pasta in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes until cooked and then serve as you wish.  I used a previously made pesto sauce, shredded Parmesan and red chilies.

So if you're down on your luck,
and you can't harmonize, find a girl with far away eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment