Combining my interests of music, cooking, recipes, photos and tune talk.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Intro Ramblings and other thoughts while I wait for my pasta to set

What activity in life isn't made better by listening to great music?  There's nothing I enjoy more than listening to great music.  I like to do all sorts of things with the stereo on, the headphones in or car radio blaring, but most of all, putting together a good meal at home while pumping some tunes throughout the house is a favourite activity of mine. 
Oh, and I did I mention a drink in hand?  If you ask me, that's a cooking requirement.  Now, I've never been to Chef's school, but I can only imagine that having a top quality drink in hand while working in the kitchen is covered on day one.  Gotta use a 1/2 cup of wine in a recipe?  Can't let the rest of the bottle go to waste.  Wine not on the docket for the evening?  That's where the well stocked bar comes in handy.
So you've come up with a stellar recipe that you want to hit out of the park.  Maybe you want to turn the dial up on the wow factor for the family, maybe you're trying to impress a lady you're having over on a date, or maybe you live alone and have nothing better to do on a Saturday night, but if you really want to dazzle, you need to own the experience.  Love it.  Have a blast!
Put together a play list, toss on your favourite album, find a closet classic and dust it off.  It doesn't really matter what you put on, but find something that lifts your soul while you work.  How do you chose what goes with what meal?  Whatever speaks to you at that particular minute.
I've got records, CDs, iPod play lists, satellite radio and in the event of a catastrophic power failure, 3 guitars, a keyboard and a drum set to make my own band. I wonder if the neighbour can play my harmonica?
Apparently, even in suburbia the music can still be 'too loud'.  While I disagree, I've had the neighbours stop by my place for less than cordial visits on several occasions due to the volume of music emanating from my living room.  Really?  On a Saturday evening before 10pm, you're really going to come over and ask me to turn the music down?  If the power ever does go out, you're not invited to be in my band, even if you do play harmonica...

So mix a drink, put on a great album and get starting on cooking up a storm!

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment